Ready to Start?
Pricing and Payment:Monthly scheduled lessons:
55 minute lesson - $75
25 minute lesson - $40
Payments Due monthly, in advance.
Occasional single lessons, as available:
55 minute lesson - $85
Preparation, attendance and a positive attitude are the keys to success in studying voice. Remember – you are here to do something you enjoy. The harder you work, the better you will get, and the more you will enjoy your singing.
“Ninety percent of life is just showing up.”
- PLAN AHEAD! If you know you will need to take a week off, let me know at the beginning of the month when you pay, so I will know that time is available for another student.
- Lessons will be scheduled and paid for at the beginning of each month. I will expect you at every scheduled lesson.
- Lessons will begin and end on time – if you are late, we will still end on time.
- Lessons missed by students will not be refunded. They may be made up if I receive twenty-four hours notice. ONE MAKEUP LESSON WILL BE ALLOWED PER STUDENT.
The other ten percent:
Preparation and Practice:
- Song choices will be assigned according to students ability and interests, chosen from Classical and Broadway. Other repertoire requested by students will be considered.
- Each student should commit to at least THIRTY MINUTES OF PRACTICE, five days a week. This time will include vocalises and warm ups as learned during lessons.
- For each lesson, bring a binder with your music, and pencils to take notes.
- You are encouraged to record any parts of you lesson that you may want to refer to during practice
I keep a very busy schedule, mixing singing engagements with teaching at two universities, but I generally know my schedule well in advance. I will not schedule lessons that I know I can not get to. Lessons missed by me will be made up or credited to the next month.
- I encourage open dialogue with students and parents about all aspects of your study. Please feel free to contact me with questions, comments or concerns.
- I do my best to get free or discounted tickets to my performances, and to other performances around the DC area, to share with students.
- I love singing. I love doing it, teaching it, hearing it, watching it, learning about it. I hope I can spread that love your way.